Are you interested in driving for Baylor Trucking?
2 Settlement Pay Plans Available at Baylor Trucking
You are a business person, and we are going to help you be successful! Best Industry Percentage Pay - Lowest Deductions!
Owner Operators are an essential part of Baylor Trucking. We understand your entrepreneurial spirit and desire to be a profitable independent contractor. We are truckers ourselves, founded by a trucker and still run today by a trucker.
Baylor Trucking provides an Owner Operator and Lease Purchase program that allows drivers to make money as a professional driver over the long run and for the long haul.
The tractor requirements to be an Owner Operator with Baylor Trucking:
- Tractor must be 2005 or newer
- 5th Wheel no higher than 48 inches
- Tractor cannot weigh more than 19,500 lbs. ready to work
- Must have current weigh ticket
- Must have working Air Dryer
- Must have working fuel heater
- Must have 2 load locks
- Must have safety equipment:
- Fire extinguisher with 10 BC or more rating
- 3 Triangle reflectors
- All safety equipment must be securely mounted
- Steer tires with not less than 6/32 tread
- Drive tires with not less than 4/32 tread
Any out of service mechanical defects found at the time of pre-lease inspection must be repaired before truck can be leased. The repairs can be made at a repair shop of your choice or Baylor Maintenance Shop can work with the owner to make repairs. All repairs that are done at Baylor Maintenance Facility are to be paid when work is completed
Owner Operator Pay
Settlements are paid weekly via direct deposit. Baylor uses PC Miler Practical miles to pay all drivers. Paperwork must be turned in via terminal scanning, Pegasus Truck Stop Scanning or TripPak Scanning. Baylor provides this service for FREE to all drivers.
- 100% Fuel Surcharge Reimbursement, ALL loads have fuel surcharge
- $30 per stop, for each intransit stop
- Paid Detention and Layover when applicable
- Paid Permits
- Paid Authorized Tolls
- Free Paperwork processing Transflo Pegasus and terminal locations
- Fuel Discounts
- Discounted Maintenance Program
Insurance Options for Owner Operators:
- Bobtail Insurance - $40.00 per month
- Physical Damage Insurance – available at 4.9% per $1,000 of truck value
- Occupational Accident Insurance – Certificate must be provided demonstrating appropriate coverage or available at $42.00 per week for single drivers and $84.00 weekly for teams.
Driver Referral Bonuses
Baylor drivers receive bonuses for recruiting professional and experienced drivers. Driver trainer positions available also. Contact Baylor Recruiting today at 800.322.9567 ext. 570 for details!
Good Stuff, Trucks Bring It!