Independent Contractor Team
Are you interested in driving for Baylor Trucking?
72 % of the Linehaul plus 100% Fuel Surcharge Reimbursement
You are a business person, and we are going to help you be successful!
- Preferred lanes originating in Murfreesboro or Lebanon, TN to Mesquite, TX; Hodgkins, IL, and Horsham, PA . Reloads will vary but priority routing back to TN will be given.
- Teams will run an between 5500-6000 miles per week.
- 90% drop and hook with the option of early delivery for trucks running ahead of schedule for improved utilization.
- 100% No Touch Freight
- Direct Freight-No in transit stops
- Stop-offs: 72% of invoiced stop charge, with a $20 minimum, for each in transit stop-off. Does not include pick up and final stop.
- Detention: After 3 hours beyond appointment time, at $30 per hour. Bills must be signed noting arrival and departure times. Maximum payment of $150.
- 100% of any Truck Order Not Used (TONU)
- The escrow program for Independent Contractors is now $2000. Baylor will deduct at $120 per week until escrow of $2000 is met.
- Once escrow is met Independent Contractor may take an advance of up to $500 weekly.
- A maintenance escrow account is optional.
Plates and Permits
Baylor Trucking operates in all 48 states and Ontario, Canada. Independent Contractors may choose to rent Baylor plates at $45 per week, up to a maximum of 52 weeks. After 26 weeks of rental, an escrow account for plates will be established and deducted at $75 per week. The preferred method is for Independent Contractor to have base plate in their name.
- Fuel Taxes - Baylor will calculate all applicable taxes quarterly, and either deduct, or credit.
- An $8 per week fee will be collected for fuel tax, escrow, insurance, and settlement administration.
- Qualcomm usage charges will be deducted weekly.
- Maptuit Navigation available at $10 per month.
- TCH card fee of $3 per week. Independent Contractors will receive 98% of fuel discounts.
- An EZ Pass escrow of $500 will be established if Independent Contractor chooses not to have EZ Pass in their name. It will be deducted for 10 weeks, at $50 per week. EZ Pass reconciliation will be done bi-monthly.
- When applicable, Independent Contractor is responsible for 100% of reefer fuel.
New leases are effective immediately. Lease changes are effective the next settlement period after date signed.
Contact a Recruiter